If you have any interest in fashion and beauty, you’ve likely heard about Fashion’s Night Out (FNO). If not, it’s an annual event where the fashionable, and those who think they are, gather across the world to celebrate fashion and shopping.
Fashion’s Night Out will be held on Thursday, September 6th in Georgetown. If you live in VA, Alexandria is getting in on the action, check out their own FNO webpage here. Still want more information about FNO Georgetown, visit their About page.
Below is a listing of a few of the highlights for the evening taken from the FNO Georgetown website.
- Everyone’s a Star – On FNO Georgetown, everyone’s a star! Walk the red carpet, strike a pose and get your picture taken at four FNO Georgetown red carpet locations – Cady’s Alley (between 33rd and 34th on M St), 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and at the Dean & DeLuca/ BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street. Red carpets designed by FLOR! First 350 to strike a pose at one of the four red carpet locations gets a free FNO surprise gift.
- vitaminwater zero Pop-Up Disco – Get your groove on at the outdoor vitaminwater zero Pop-Up Disco outdoor dance floor with rotating DJ sets by Fatback at the PNC Bank lot (M & Wisconsin Ave.). In between fashion events, take a break, let your hair down, and chill or shake your booty.
- BYT Lounge Takeover – Entertain and be entertained as BrightestYoungThings brings a slice of their ever-creative fun to the Dean & DeLuca patio lounge (3276 M St) from 7:30-11pm, fresh with ESL Music and Fatback DJs spinning all night.
- Signature FNO Cocktails – A party isn’t complete without cocktails – sip and sample signature, and fashion-worthy, FNO cocktails at participating restaurants, like Bandolero’s The Devil Wears Prada and Morton’s The Steakhouse’s Black Tie Cocktail.
- Shop for a Cause – purchase a $15 signature FNO Georgetown t-shirt and tanks, and $10 tote bag at the Dean & DeLuca/BYT Lounge. 100% of proceeds benefit Vital Voices Global Partnership, a DC-based charity that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.
- 100 Stars – The real stars of Fashion’s Night Out are the stores, restaurants and salons who will be hosting fun, creative events throughout the neighborhood. In-store events will range from a DC Scout styling + shopping party at CUSP, complimentary facials at Kiehl’s, an Instagram Style contest at BCBG Georgetown, blowouts + a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon and more!
Below are the shops and restaurants that are on my “Must Go” list and what they are offering. (To view all of the spots, broken down by Fashion for Women, Fashion for Men, Salons & Spas, Food & Cocktails, and Home, click here.)
CUSP – 3030 M Street, NW
DC Scout is hosting an FNO party at CUSP Georgetown featuring music, refreshments & a chance to win a $500 CUSP gift card & a styling session with Meredith Libert RSVP 6-9pm
Karen Millen – 1259 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Karen Millen will be serving complimentary champagne and treats. 20% off a $300+ purchase (full priced items only). Exciting contests will be announced in store.
Maxstudio.com – 1242 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Maxstudio.com will be providing a 25% discount on their Fall 2012 Collection. Shoppers may enter to win a sweepstakes to win a $1,000 shopping spree. 6pm- close.
Sassanova – 1641 Wisconsin Avenue NW
“Sass, Sips, and Stilettos.” Sassanova will host an in store party with cocktails and treats. Customers can participate in a “design a shoe” contest. The winner will be chosen in a Facebook contest on Friday, September 7th. Contest prize is a pair of shoes (up to $200) 6-10pm
Georgetown Cupcake – 3301 M Street, NW
Georgetown Cupcake will be offering a “FNO” red velvet cupcake to each customer that visits the shop. One free cupcake per customer from 6-11 pm.
Peacock Café – 3251 Prospect Street, NW
Meet FNO Host Committee member, photographer Walter Grio! Enter to win a chance to cover New York Fashion Week with him! Special FNO Food & Bar menu at special prices. 4-6:30pm & 9:30-close